Last year, I posted a list of things I wanted to do before my 26th birthday. I am thankful to have gotten through a lot (if not all) of it this year!
25. Decorate my house-for real, that bitch is plain. I didn’t get to decorate my house, but I moved into an apartment that I’m proud to say is decorated! (8/1/13) 24. Earn Crossfit Level 1 Trainer Certification (1/19/13)
23. Complete 3 Spartan Races
22. Get 10,000 views on Eat. Pray. WOD. 75K views reached (12/28/13) WOW! 21. Get sponsors (eek!) for Eat. Pray. WOD. (02/12/2013) 20. Earn Level 1 Teacher Certification (05/2013) 19. PR on Fran-Time to beat: 7:58 (01/19/13) 4:14 18. Do unassisted pullups! 01/23/13–STILL struggle with this 17. Spend a major holiday with my sister, Celina Memorial Day Weekend, 2013 16. Travel somewhere I’ve never been Mobile, Alabama (12/14/13)
15. Meet my nephew, Colton!
14. Go to one of my brother’s shows (he’s an entertainer, y’all)
13. Pass the first semester of grad school… August 2013 12. …with straight A’s August 2013 11. Pay for first semester of graduate school without loans August 2013 10. Avoid any tickets for moving violations (parking/speeding/etc)9. Save $1000 a month
8. Perfect my lifting technique
7. Be selfish–enjoy spending time with ME! ALL YEAR LONG.
6. Go on a cruise
5. Write everyday for 30 minutes about anything
4. Use ALL my tshirts to finish my tshirt quilts
3. Deadlift 325 pounds
2. Spend more time with my family–holidays and breaks need to be for them! I got to spend every major holiday with my family. So thrilled for this.
1. Make more friends Thankful for the incredible friends I have made and KEPT this year!
I know this recap is a
little a lot late, but I’m really happy to be able to look at this and see how I’ve grown and achieved goals that I set for myself!
This Year: 2014
A bad habit I’m going to break: Negative self talk. As good as I am at building other people up, sometimes I’m also really effective at tearing myself down. I’m going to find ways to positively affirm myself to myself.
A new skill I’d like to learn: I would love to learn how to finger knit.
A person I hope to be more like: My mama. It’s always a goal of mine to be more like her, but as I get older, I realize that she is the classiest, most well poised lady I know. Things that set me off into another atmosphere find her unfazed. I want to learn to be that way, too.
A good deed I’m going to do: Smile regularly at people I don’t know. Sometimes a smile can change a life.
A place I’d like to visit: The Winchester Mansion and Pearl Harbor.
A book I’d like to read: The Constitution of the United States and other writings from the Founding Fathers.
A letter I’m going to write: Letters to my daddy. Every week. And a letter to my grandma.
A new food I’d like to try: Any new food! I love food.
I’m going to do better at: not worrying so much about the future and what it holds. I can only be concerned about what I’m doing right now and pray for the best.